The about us page is often one of the most visited pages on your website. Many of these visitors will be prospects who want to learn more about your company and decide if they want to do business with you.
They’re looking for information about the people behind the business, your approach and your accomplishments. The idea is to come across as likeable, and build trustworthiness and credibility.
- Write in the first person and use a friendly, conversational tone
- Hook your readers with an opening that speaks to their specific needs and challenges
- Think about what information will be most important to prospects. What problems or opportunities do you address? What main benefits do you provide?
- Use photos. Give people a look “behind the scenes” and show staff working. Include photos of your office or shop.
- Include links to your social media sites and an email signup form
Here are some items to consider for your about us page:
Company Information – Owners – Products and Services – Location and Hours – Contact Information
Competitive Differences – How we’re unique – Why do business with us
Company Values – Explain your mission, vision and core values
Our People – Owner and staff experience, credentials, hobbies and interests
History and Accomplishments – Why you started the business – How long you’ve been in business – Accomplishments and Important Milestones – Community Support – Press Articles
Customer Testimonials – Quotes from satisfied customers
Additional articles on About Us pages: